For years, photovoltaic systems have been installed on the roofs of companies, public authorities, private households, as well as on greenfield sites. Unfortunately, sometimes shortly after commissioning, the performance of the photovoltaic system is significantly below expectations or calculations. The reason for the obvious loss of performance is often difficult to determine by conventional means. Thermography as a non-contact method for photovoltaic system inspection is very safe, efficient and fast. It is performed while the system is in operation and can reliably detect and visualize power losses.
According to DIN VDE 0105-100, regular inspection and maintenance of photovoltaic (PV) systems is required by law for commercial users.
We perform drone inspections with thermal imaging camera and high-resolution daylight images on PV systems of any size. We inspect rooftop systems quickly and safely using drones with high-resolution thermal imaging cameras. During the PV system inspection carried out by us, even small defects on individual elements can be detected, which may be inconspicuous, but can have a decisive impact on the function of the entire PV system.
Regular inspections maintain the safety and performance of your PV system.
In addition to defects on individual cells, the following performance-reducing abnormalities on a PV system can be found with the high-resolution thermal imaging camera we use:
- Partial or complete failure of PV modules
- Wiring faults or breaks due to incorrect installation or marten bite
- Moisture ingress
- Delamination on cells or whole PV modules
- Aging/stress/wear phenomena
- Overheating or irregular temperature distribution
- Defects at bypass diodes
A thermographic inspection of your PV system should take place at least at the following times:
- after commissioning
- before expiry of:
- Manufacturer's product liability,
- warranty on mechanical damage
- manufacturer's warranty on the performance of the equipment
- in case of suspected failure or reduction in performance,
- after severe storms to protect insurance claims.
- DIN VDE 0105 suggests a routine inspection of the PV system by means of thermography every 2 years.